Thursday 11 February 2016

Music Video: First Draft FEEDBACK

Positive
People seemed to really enjoy my video even though I was worried about having enough content and them not liking the idea from my animatic in real video form.

People praised the fast cuts and layered footage of drums on the video and really liked how well the music fit with the visuals. Everyone praised my editing skills especially the fire effects and the blurry ghosting effect.

Negative
In terms of negative feedback, there was definitely some things I will take into consideration.
Firstly, I know I need to finish the video as right now it is about a minute long.
Secondly someone said that the video was very fast paced and aggressive in a bad way. I think that is good criticism and I will use that to my advantage by making the video medium paced at the beginning and eventually faster paced. This will fit into my narrative of the person becoming more crazy as the video progresses.

Another good criticism I received is that the video is all shot in one place. I will remedy that because I will have shot and added in the padded cell footage with a straight jacket and I will also try to add more variation in my shots, whether that be with lighting or post-production effects to give it more variation.

Overall I am happy with the feedback I have revived. It has given me a few new ideas and has given me more confidence in my original plan and motivation to make it the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment