Sunday 10 April 2016

Cinematography and Mise en Scene

Although my video is more focused on the editing I have used, I still greatly considered Cinematography and Mise en Scene when creating the scenes in my video.
Here are some of the shots where this most shows.


This is one of the shots at the beginning. 
I wanted the person to be mysterious at the beginning and even scary and eventually the audience will see more of this character later on and realize how crazy he is. I made the shot a long distance away but the focus is only on his face, I wanted it to look like a floating head.

This is a shot during some violent lyrics.
I wanted this shot to emphasize this so using cinematography I positioned the camera very low so Ishmael is looking down on it and seems in power. The lighting is coming from behind him and looks like he is the evil blocking out the light. I wanted the shot to be in red and black (done in editing)because those colours connote evil and blood.The shot is a close up so you can see his facial expression and hand movements clear enough even though he is indarkness.

This is a shot where the artist is really shouting out the words and stretching them out.
Ishmael is acting really psychotic and shaking so I emphasized this by adding a really hazy red filter. Ishmael is blurred and off centre to emphasize this.

This shot relates to lyrics about a lightning storm.
The darkness of the setting and the long shot emphasizes the lightning he is creating with his large arm movements. This shows his power and almost as a god-like figure (at least in his own mind)

This is where "Tak tak" is heard (which is where part of Takyon is being repeated).
The sound is almost like a tic for someone that has tourettes but it is inside his mind. In this shot I position the image of the rabid dog barking over the shot of the performer to show his mind state.

This is played during the sound of a police siren.
This is one of the shots added that is a clip from a movie. The shots I have used from this are of a police chase that gets progressively more violent and dangerous for the police, similarly to the music video as a whole. I cropped the shot to be very close up and added an effect to make it look like real footage and not a high budget movie.

In this final shot of the artist rapping, I decided to close out with an extreme close up to show how messed up he is by the end of the video. The ECU clearly shows the eotion on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment