Monday 28 March 2016

Music Video: Draft 2 Final Feedback

After showing my video to the class for the last time, I also received the last bits of feedback from the audience.

I was initially worried because some of my classmates had used a similar idea of using some outsourced clips and they were warned not to use too much. In my video I used a lot of clips I had not recorded my self, however, these clips I had used were trimmed very short so actually took up very little of the video.

People seemed to really like the editing of my music video and they specifically liked the pace of the editing in combination of the footage overlayed over the top. Someone specifically said that the footage seemed like my own and didn't stand out too much because it was overlayed with lots of effects. Everyone thought that the visuals linked well with the footage because of both of these things. The clips fit the song and genre and the actual cuts fit with the beat of the music.

Another thing people really liked was the performance. They thought Ishmael did a great job of performing to the song and that his craziness was a perfect fit for the visuals and music. Someone said it was very convincing, as if it could be the actual artist in the video.

As for things I needed to do to improve:

I noticed some of the transitions were slightly off which I knew i had to change after watching it on a bigger screen. I also noticed some of the text in white (the second 666, 5) which should be in black, the white stood out way to much so I need to change that.

Something I also have to add is the artist and title popping up at the beginning of the video.

The next edit of the video will be the very final one.

No comments:

Post a Comment